Hello everyone, In this tutorial we will learn how to configure Tomcat Server in Eclipse. By configuring the server in the Eclipse you can run the SAPUI5 applications which are exists in ABAP Repository from your local system. This is one of the way of running SAPUI5 applications in Eclipse. You may encounter Allow Origin Policy issue while running the applications and this can resolved by running the chrome browser with disable security which i will explain at the end of the tutorial. Lets get started
1. Download the Tomcat server from https://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi.
2. After downloading the Tomcat server, unzip the file to location in your system. You can choose C:/ drive.
3. Open the Eclipse IDE and navigate to menu bar Help → Install New Software.
10. After restarting the Eclipse IDE, Navigate to menubar : Window → Preferences.
14. Congratulation you have successfully installed and configured the Tomcat Server. To start the server Navigate to Window → Show View → Servers. Before that you need to change to Java EE perspective on top right corner.
By this we will end this tutorial and in next tutorial we will create a sample SAPUI5 application in SAP ABAP repository and run the SAPUI5 application in Tomcat server.
Please stay tuned to us for more SAPUI5 tutorials.Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. You feedback will keep us alive.