Hello everyone, in this SAP Netweaver Gateway tutorial, we will learn how to consume external OData services in SAP Gateway.
External OData services means the service which are from 3rd party systems (or) Non-SAP systems. With OData Services Consumption and Integration (OSCI) SAP has provided the provision of consuming external services. So lets get started.
Supported System Version
SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP6 or higher / SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP2 or higher
Create an HTTP connection to your external system by creating a RFC connection of type G in SAP Netweaver Gateway system.
1. Go to t-code SM59-Configure RFC Connection. Select HTTP Connections to External Server node and click on Create.
Create SAP System Alias
4. Create a System Alias for the above created RFC destination. Go to SPRO → SAP Reference IMG and Navigate to this path : SAP Netweaver → Gateway → ODATA Channel → Configuration → Connection Settings → SAP Netweaver Gateway to SAP System → Manage SAP System Aliases.
5. Enter SAP System Alias name, Description, RFC Destination and Software Version. Select Local GW and For Local App check-box as well. Click on Save to save the entries.
HTTP Destination = ODATA_ORG
Service Namespace = V2/(S(xuh52ptttgitgrkbtjzk1o31))/OData
Service Name = OData.svc
Model Provider Class = ZCL_NORTHWIND_MPC
Data Provider Class = ZCL_NORTHWIND_DPC
Model Name = ZNORTHWIND_MDL
Service Name = ZNORTHWIND_SRV
7. After entering above information hit Execute button to generate the service.After successfully service generation you should see the below screen.
9. In the below screen enter System Alias = NORTHWIND and hit Get Services button.We will get a list of services, select our service and hit Add Selected Services button.
You have successfully learned how to consume external OData services in SAP Netweaver Gateway.
Please stay tuned to us for more SAP Netweaver Gateway tutorials.Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. You feedback will keep us alive.