Dear SAPLearners, in this cloud platform blog post we will learn on how to create HANA Databases and Schemas in SAP Cloud Platform.
Before you start, make sure you have
- Created a trial account on SAP Cloud Platform
1. Login into SAP Cloud Platform cockpit.
2. Choose Databases & Schemas which is under SAP HANA/SAP ASE section.
Click on New button to create a new Database and provide the all mandatory fields.
3. Once you hit Create button, the page navigates to Events section of the database you created. The Events section will show the progress of database creation.
4. Once database is created successfully, choose Overview and see the overview of the database like below.
5. Now HANA Database is successfully created in SAP Cloud Platform.
6. For every database in SAP Cloud Platform, there 2 main tools available
- SAP HANA Cockpit which is administration tool and
- SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench which is development tool
Lets access these tools
SAP HANA Cockpit
Click on SAP HANA Cockpit link in database overview section. Provide the login credentials.
Username: SYSTEM and
Password: password provided during database creation
Click on OK to assign the necessary HANA roles to the user “SYSTEM”
HANA roles have successfully assigned. Click on Continue
You have successfully logged into SAP HANA Database Administration home page.
SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench
Click on SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench link, this will open web-based development workbench like below.
Congrats!! you have successfully created HANA Databases in SAP Cloud Platform.