Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post you will learn how to setup notifications in SAP Fiori 2.0
This is 2 part blog series, in the first part we have performed the necessary configuration steps in front-end system.
In this blog post we will perform the configuration steps in backend-system(S/4 HANA) or a Notification Provider system.
Please find the link to first part here.
Lets get started
Below is the list of steps required in backend system to configure notifications.
- Provide Backend System Alias
- Provide RFC destination to frontend system(gateway)
- Create bgRFC destination IWNGW_BGRFC
- Register bgRFC Inbound destination IWNGW_BEP_OUT_BGRFC
- Register Notification Providers
- Activate Notification Providers
Now lets deep dive into each of these configuration step
Provide Backend System Alias
1. Logon to your backend system. After login, run transaction code /IWNGW/BEP_SET_ALIAS
2. Enter the system alias which points to the backend system and click on execute. The system alias is created in Hub system. If you are in Embedded deployment scenario, enter “LOCAL”. After entering hit execute.
After executing, you should see the screen like below
Provide RFC destination to frontend system
3. Run transaction /IWNGW/BEP_SET_HUB_D.
4. Enter system alias that points to frontend system. If you are in Embedded deployment scenario , enter “NONE”. After entering, hit execute
5. After executing, you should see a screen like below
Create bgRFC destination IWNGW_BGRFC
6. Run transaction SM59. Create a RFC connection of type 3 and provide the details like below.
Please note that RFC destination name should be “IWNGW_BGRFC”
7. Hit Connect Test button to check the RFC connection. You should see a screen like below
Register bgRFC Inbound destination
8. Run transaction SBGRFCCONF. Choose tab Define Inbound Dest and Click Create button
9. Enter Inb. Dest. Name. Create a new prefix with value QN and click Save button
After successful definition, click Save to the save the details.
Register Notification Providers
10. Start transaction /IWNGW/BEP_NPREG and click Create button
11. Enter following details and click on save button
Manage Notification Provider
12. Launch transaction SPRO and navigate to the below path
13. Create a new entry like below by clicking on New Entries and save it
Congrats!! we have successfully configure the steps required in backend system.
Finally we have completed all the configuration steps required to configure the notification in SAP Fiori 2.0. In our next blog post we will start testing the configurations.
Here are the links for both configuration steps both in front-end and back-end systems.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates
If you liked it, please share it! Thanks!