Hello everyone, in this ABAP in Eclipse(AIE) blog post you will learn how to create, update DDIC Domains through Eclipse ADT tools.
Working with Domains
We all know about ABAP Data dictionary domain and also know how to create them using SE11- Data Dictionary transaction code.Since ABAP 7.5, a form-based editor is available in ABAP Development Tools(ADT) to create,edit and delete domains.
Lets create a domain using the form-based editor in our eclipse-based IDE for ABAP development.
1. Launch eclipse-based IDE and a create an ABAP Repository Object under an ABAP project.
2. On New ABAP Repository Object window search for “Dictionary” or “Domain“. Choose Domain under Dictionary folder and hit Next.3. On New Domain window provide Package in which domain is saved, Name and Description of the domain. Click Finish.
- Format – technical attributes like data type and length.
- Output Characteristics – output semantic attributes like output length, conversion routine and case-sensitive.
- Fixed Values – for defining, editing ,sorting and deleting fixed values or intervals
- Value Table – define value table
5. Save and Activate the domain.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback.