Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn how to create ABAP Dictionary Domain in ABAP Cloud environment in SAP Cloud Platform.
I hope every ABAPer is well versed with Domain and Data Elements, i don’t think an introduction required. So lets get directly into steps without any delay
Before you start, make sure you have
- Installed the latest version of eclipse based ABAP Development Tools from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#abap
- Created ABAP trial instance in SAP Cloud Platform
- Created an ABAP Cloud Project using Eclipse ABAP Development Tools
In the Project Explorer, select the Package and right click on it. From the context menu select New 👉 Other ABAP Repository Object.
2. On New ABAP Repository Object wizard window, enter Dictionary in the search field. Select Domain from the list and click on Next.
3. On Create Domain wizard window, provide Name, Description and hit Next.
4. On Selection of Tranport Request wizard window, Select an existing transport (or) select Create a new request(..this will create a new transport request ).Choose Finish.
5. Now the Domain Editor is opened. Data Type and Length are mandatory fields for a domain to be created. Enter these fields and activate the domain.
6. Hurray! 👍 you have successfully created a Domain in SAP ABAP Cloud environment.
Lets explore the Domain Editor and see what other options are available.
|Data Type||basic data type of the domain|
|Length||internal length of the domain|
|Output Length||enter external length of the domain|
|Conversion Routine||enter conversion route function module name for e.g. CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT|
|Case-sensitive||select if domain content should be case-sensitive|
Here you can define the fixed values or interval of values. The values entered will be used as value help.
Enter value table as the proposed value for checking the foreign key.
Congrats!! you have successfully learned how to create Domain in ABAP Cloud environment in SAP Cloud Platform.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates
If you liked it, please share it! Thanks!
SAPLearners.com is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest tutorials and updates.