In this tutorial you will be learning Business Workflow in SAP and its importance.
What is the Need of Workflow ?
A typical business process consists of several steps. Each step have to be coordinated manually or by emails.Problems like who is executing the step, who has to execute the step and lack of trace will encounter until process completion.This may lead to inefficiency.
What is Business Workflow in SAP ?
- Workflow is a tool to automate the business process in a more efficient way.
- A workflow can be thought of as a flow chart for a business process.
- It ensures the availability of information at the right places at the right time in the right form.
- Workflow determines which tasks are executed, when and by whom.
Workflow is defined as: Getting the right work to the right user at the right time.
Workflow definition is made up of individual steps. When creating a step in a workflow definition, the step type must be specified first.
What are benefits of Business Workflow ?
- Faster access to information at right time to right person.
- Speedy and free flow of business processes without chaos.
- Increase productivity.
- Improves the quality of a business process.
What are the different elements of Workflow:
- Tasks: Activity in which an object method is carried out.
- Business Objects: Identifiable specific instances of an object type.
- Work Item: A work item is an actual representation of a task.
- Agent: An agent is an executor of a work item.
- Containers: Containers are used to store field values
SAPLearners.com is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest tutorials and updates.