Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn on how to install abapGit Eclipse plugin for ABAP CI/CD.
What is abapGit?
abapGit is an open-source git client for ABAP. It serializes source code and data dictionary elements to plain text, so that they can be persisted in a git repository. It also enables for ABAP Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Development(CD). For more information click here
Before you start, make sure you have
- Download the latest version of eclipse based ABAP Development Tools from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#abap
- Install ABAP Development Tools in Eclipse
1. Launch Eclipse with ADT installed.
2. In Eclipse, choose Help > Install New Software in the menu bar.
3. On Available Software window, add the URL http://eclipse.abapgit.org/updatesite/ and hit enter to display the available software’s. Choose abapGit for ABAP Development Tools (ADT) and click on Next.
4. Click Next.
5. On Review Licenses window, accept the license and click Finish.
6. After successful installation, you can view abapGit Repositories window from the menu bar Window > Show View > Other.
7. The abapGit Repositories window will display like below, in which you can see
- List of repositories linked to the ABAP project.
- Link a abap repository to the ABAP project.
Congrats!! you have successfully installed abapGit Eclipse plugin.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates.
if you liked it, please share it! Thanks!
SAPLearners.com is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest tutorials and updates.