Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn how to install kubectl on windows.
When developing Functions or microservices in the Kyma environment you have two options
- A user-friendly Kyma Console UI
- Kubernetes command-line tool – kubectl
Overview of kubectl
The Kyma is built on Kubernetes for extending applications with serverless functions and microservices. So to manage the Kubernetes clusters kubectl command-line tool is used.
Lets see the installation steps for kubectl.
1. Firstly, download the latest release v1.19.0 from this link.
2. Create a new folder in a location of your choice and move the downloaded file into this new folder.
3. Navigate to Environmental Variables on your laptop/desktop.
4. Choose PATH under System variables and click on Edit.
5. Add the kubectl path in to your PATH and click on OK.
6. Finally, re-open command prompt and type following command
7. You should see all commands of kubectl like below.
8. Alternatively, you can run following command to check the version.
kubectl version --client
Congrats!!! you have successfully learnt the steps install kubectl on windows machine.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates.
If you liked it ❤️, please share it! Thanks! 🙏