Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn about Launchpad service in SAP Cloud Platform.
What is Launchpad?
As per the documentation,
SAP Cloud Platform Launchpad enables organizations to establish a central point of access to SAP (e.g. SAP S/4HANA), custom-built, and third party applications and extensions, both on the cloud and on premise.
The primary focus of SAP Cloud Platform Launchpad service is to achieve a central Fiori Launchpad.
The Launchpad service is very similar to the Portal Service. The key difference is that the freestyle capability is removed from the Launchpad service. For more detail, check out the documentation.
Now lets navigate through the below steps to access and work with SAP Cloud Platform Launchpad service.
Log-on SAP Cloud Platform, navigate to the sub-account and make sure that you have necessary Administrator role to follow the below steps.
Subscribe to the Launchpad Service
1. In the SAP Cloud Platform cockpit, navigate to sub-account and from the side-menu select Subscriptions.
2. Click the Launchpad service.
3. In the Launchpad service overview screen, click Subscribe. After couple of seconds the status changes from Not Subscribed to Subscribed.
Assign Launchpad_Admin Role Collection
4. Navigate back to the sub-account and from the side menu, choose Security > Trust Configuration.
5. Enter email address of the Admin user and and click on Show Assignments.
6. Click on Assign Role Collection and select Launchpad_Admin.
Access the Launchpad Service
6. From the sub-account, choose Subscriptions from the side menu.
7. Click the Launchpad service and then click Go to Application to open the site manager. Site Manager is the design time tool for managing sites and content.
Congrats!! you have successfully activated Launchpad service in SCP Cloud Foundry.
- How to create and deploy Node.js App in SCP Cloud Foundry
- How to perform authentication in Node.js App in SAP Cloud Foundry
- SCP Cloud Foundry Tutorials