Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn local development setup of SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP).
Cloud Application Programming (CAP)
As per CAP documentation,
The SAP Cloud Application Programming Model is a framework of languages, libraries, and tools for building enterprise-grade services and applications. It guides developers along a ‘golden path’ of proven best practices and a great wealth of out-of-the-box solutions to recurring tasks. For more details check the documentation.
CAP offers two development frameworks through which we can develop CAP applications and they are
In this blog post we will focus on local CAP development setup based on Node.js. Lets get started
1. Firstly, download and install NodeJS and NPM on you local windows machine. You find the Node Js installation steps here.
2. Install the command line client and development toolkit for the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP) by running the following command in the terminal.
npm i -g @sap/cds-dk
3. To verify the installation, run the following command
CAP by default uses SQLite database to store the data.
4. Secondly, download the latest precompiled binaries from Windows section of SQLite from here.
5. Create a new folder and extract the files from the zipped file.
6. Add folder path to system environment PATH variable.
7. Finally go to the terminal and run following command.
8. You should the version and other information like below.
Congrats!! you have successfully learnt the steps for local development setup of SAP Cloud Application Programming Model.