Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn What’s new in SAP Business Application Studio October 2020 in SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry.
1. Installing Generators
SAP Business Application Studio supports Yeoman Generators to create wizards for project templates. All available templates are based on Yeoman like SAP Fiori Elements, UI5 Free Styles. Now you can install external generators from the public NPM registry.
A new tool called Explore and Install Generators Tool is used to install external generators., after installing the generators you can use Yeoman UI wizard to access these templates.
Start Explore and Install Generator tool from command palette(Cntrl+Shift+P).
Click OK to continue
Search and Install generators
2. Add extensions to an existing dev space
This feature is much awaited. Previously, once dev space is created you can’t add additional extensions. Now with October updates you can now add extensions to an existing dev space.
To add an extension first STOP the dev space and click on Edit.
3. Project Wizard
Earlier the project wizard can only open from Welcome Page, with October release updates you can now open the Project Wizard from the dedicated File menu. Project Wizard is used to create projects based on development scenario and installed extensions using predefined templates.
4. Run Fiori Applications in the SAP Fiori Launchpad Sandbox
You can run multiple Fiori applications in the SAP Fiori Launchpad sandbox from SAP Business Application Studio, which was not easy with previous SAP Web IDE Full Stack.
To run fiori application in SAP FLP sandbox, follow below steps.
1. Right-click on the run configuration and select Show in File.
2. Modify the launch.json file as show below.
3. Open package.json file and update the devDependencies > @sap/html5-repo-mock to 1.6.x and from the terminal run npm install
4. Now the fiori application will open in SAP Fiori Launchpad.
Congrats!! you have successfully learnt what’s new in What’s new in SAP Business Application Studio October-2020.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates.
If you liked it ❤️, please share it! Thanks! 🙏
- Installation steps of SAP Business Application Studio
- Manage Dev Space in SAP Business Application Studio
- How to connect on-premise system to SAP Cloud Foundry using SAP Cloud Connector
- How to develop Fiori App in SAP Business Application Studio
- How to build, deploy fiori app to SAP Cloud Foundry
- How to integrate Fiori apps in SAP Cloud Platform Portal
- Develop SAP Fiori Elements app using SAP Business Application Studio
- SCP Cloud Foundry Tutorials